Friday 4 February 2022

Tidal Wave

 Tidal Wave

Aloha Lagoon #17

Beth Prentice



Reviewed by Helen


I loved being back in Aloha Lagoon with Sam and the rest of the awesome characters that live here, there is a beautiful start to this one as Casey asks Sam to marry him and I was so looking forward to what should have been the perfect surprise wedding but things don’t always go to plan for Sam and just as they are about to start the wedding the caterer is found dead, in their wedding cake.

Sam and Casey were so thrilled to have Casey’s family over from England and planning the surprise wedding wasn’t easy at all, with a TV celebrity there and the resort so over booked, but their wedding planner and friend Whitney had worked wonders with the planning that is until everything went pear shaped and now instead of enjoying her honeymoon Sam is investigating another murder against Casey’s wishes, because her friend, Whitney is the main suspect.

Sam has a heart of gold and is always eager to help her friends and the people she loves but somehow she gets herself in some very dangerous predicaments but never gives up not only is she uncovering secrets, that are taking her in different directions she is also having problems with Casey’s mother who does not think the wedding should go ahead, one thing that Sam is sure of is that she loves Casey and he loves her and their wedding should go ahead but when, is a difficult question with everything that is going on.

Another awesome story in this series, the author had me guessing till the very end with again, I never seem to pick the culprit, the setting is the best who doesn’t want to be in Hawaii and truly the characters who live there are so lovely and what can I say Sam is just the best she makes me laugh at the scrapes she gets into and she has me worrying about her as well with the danger she puts herself in. This is a story that I would highly recommend, I have yet to read all of the books in this series but I do plan to. I really loved this one.

My thanks to the author for my digital copy to read and review


5 stars
Expected publication: February 8th 2022 by Gemma Halliday Publishing