Tuesday 13 August 2024

The Mystery of the Missing Frenchman

 The Mystery of the Missing Frenchman

The Lady in Blue Series #3

H L Marsay



Reviewed by Helen


We are back with Dorothy Peto and Scotland Yard and I loved it H L Marsay has taken me on another mystery through London and are investigating a series of jewel thefts, when Dorothy is requested specifically to assist in the case of searching for a missing Frenchman, Colonel Lamarchant has arrived requesting help to discover the whereabouts of his relation, Marquis De Nagay and then this takes them to a country house in Yorkshire, will they get the answers they need to uncover their missing Frenchman and what about the jewel thefts?

Dorothy fits really well at Stray Park in Yorkshire and is a great help to Inspector Derwent but the more questions they ask the more they have, when the body of a man is discovered they immediately think it is the Marquis De Nagay, but no it is not and Dorothy is convinced they need to return to Stray Park and Yorkshire retracing the Marquis’s steps is not giving them answers and the Colonel is getting closer to Dorothy and they seem to be getting nowhere fast, but Dorothy is feeling very strong about the views of the of detectives and the group of Irish, communists and conscientious objectors, will they find the Marquis and will they discover the answers about the jewel thefts are they linked somehow?

I loved this one from start to finish and I was guessing till the end, what a story suspenseful and a page turner, I really am loving this series I think Dorothy is the best she is so real and honest as she learns her way through Scotland Yard and Inspector Derwent is just so good, this is one that I highly recommend and the ending was not what I expected but so good, it really is a fabulous story and I can’t wait for more.

My thanks to Tule Publishing for my digital copy to read and review.

5 stars