Friday 7 April 2023

Murder Among the Roses by Liz Fielding

 Murder Among the Roses

Liz Fielding



Reviewed by Helen


I am a big fan of Liz Fielding’s romances and now I can say I am a big fan of her cosy mysteries, this is her first foray into cosy mysteries and it is fabulous, awesome characters, fabulous setting and it moves so well and it had me guessing till the very end and it was not what I thought at all, this is one to pick up you will not want to put it down once you start.

Abby Finch is living in the quiet village of Maybridge, with her three children, she is going through a divorce at the moment from Howard, she runs a gardening business in the town and is very good at what she does, she is working on the garden of her soon to be ex-husbands family home, Linton Lodge digging up an old rose when she discovers bones belonging to a baby, stunned and shocked she rings the police, she can’t get hold of Howard as he is having a weekend in Paris with the soon to be new pregnant Mrs. Finch.

Abby will do whatever it takes to keep things as quiet as possible for her children’s sakes and she also knows how much it could affect Howards political ambitions when all of this hits the papers, Abby then runs into and old school friend Jake who she has not seen since her last year at school they have a connection and when Jake hears what has happened he is determined to help Abby.

Howard arrives home and is furious and blames Abby for it all, tempers are fraying and then Abby finds Howard dead in the same rose garden, killed with her spade and Abby becomes number one suspect, Abby is determined to find out what truly happened and when digging she uncovers some secrets that go back many years.

This story had me turning the pages I could not put it down it was a one sitting read for me, it is just so good, so well written I felt like I was in the village as everything was happening and there are quite a few suspects in my opinion, it is moving all of the time, I loved Abby and her friends who stepped up to help and the police are so good.

This is a story that I would highly recommend and I really hope that there will be lots more cosy mysteries from Liz Fielding, thank you so much, this is one for the keeper shelf.

My thanks to the author for my copy to read and review.

5 stars
April 18, 2023 by Joffe Books

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reviewed by Nas Dean

MURDER AMOG THE ROSES by Liz Fielding is a April 2023 release by Joffe Publishing. 


This story was a thrill to read. I loved reading Murder Among the Roses and was on edge of the seat to know who was the murderer. Liz Fielding stories have always enthralled readers and this one had romance as well as a murder with witty dialogue.

Highly recommended to all readers of cozy mysteries.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~