Saturday 11 November 2023

A Clue in the Crumbs

 A Clue in the Crumbs

A Key West Food Critic Mystery #13

Lucy Burdette



Reviewed by Helen


I do enjoy a good cosy mystery, add in some yummy food and a great setting, Key West and a house boat and some wonderful fun characters and this one was a thoroughly enjoyable read that had me guessing. This was my first time meeting food critic Hayley Snow and her off-sider Miss Gloria and it was good to meet them.

Hayley and Miss Gloria are thrilled to be welcoming the Scottish Scone Sisters Violet and Bettina to their home town to do a new TV bake off show, Key West Edition, but things go upside down when the B & B they are supposed to be staying in goes up in flames, easily fixed they can stay on the houseboat with Miss Gloria but when the owner of the B & B is found murdered and it turns out that his wife Rayna is one of the contestants in the show, Hayley and Miss Gloria go into full investigative mode with the help of Violet and Bettina.

Will they find the fire bug and the killer before anyone is hurt, are they the same person? Will the bake off show still go ahead? I am glad I picked this one up and I look forward to getting around to reading more in this series, I do recommend this one to anyone who loves a good cosy mystery.

My thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for my copy to read and review.

4 stars

August 8, 2023 by Crooked Lane Books