Saturday 29 July 2023

Dial M for Mud Cake

 Dial M for Mud cake

Hart of Texas Murder Mysteries #6

Kaz Delaney



Reviewed by Helen


I am loving this series so much and I think this one is the best one yet, this time Rosie gets a phone call requesting a mud cake but is it for a mud cake or something more? Come along as Rosie works through many clues with the help of her friends to uncover a killer and more.

It is coming up to the fourth of July celebrations in Airlie Falls and there is a lot of baking to be done for Rosie but one order in particular for a mud cake seems more than that and when she meets the receiver of the cake things move along quickly, when that person is hit on the head with Frank investigating, it appears that the mud cake order is for a “hit” and Rosie is determined to keep the victim safe.

This one had my head turning in all directions as there appears to be more than one victim and so many suspects that Rosie is working overtime with working things through and keeping one would be victim safe, her fiancé Jonah and best friend Midge step up to spend as much time with Rosie as possible to keep her safe these are dangerous times with what appears to be a lot of money involved as Rosie investigates the Clymont family.

Of course her friends at Riverbend are up to no good this time they have found the shopping channel but they are always a help to Rosie with information and with so many activities for Fourth of July including an Elvis impersonation contest, things are really getting hectic, will Rosie find the killer or killers in time before someone else loses their life.

I loved this one, I laughed, I cheered them on as I read this one in one sitting there was no way I was putting it down till Rosie worked it all out because I didn’t and the ending oh it bought tears to my eyes so beautiful and fitting, I can’t wait for the next book. I do highly recommend this book and series it is fabulous.

My thanks to the publisher Tule for my digital copy to read and review.


5 stars
August 3, 2023 by Tule Publishing